Next General Meeting: Wednesday October 30th
September 30, 2019 in Announcements, General Meetings by Gwenn Bezard
- Location: A beach in San Francisco. The event is opened to BASK members and non-members provided they have reserved a seat. Exact location provided upon registration. Members should check the BASK Calendar or Buzz for to reserve a seat. Non-members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat.
- Special guest: In about 8 months from now, Cyril Derreumaux will set on a kayaking journey from California to Hawaï, in the footsteps of Ed Gillet’s famed expedition. Come hear how Cyril is preparing for this adventure, physically and mentally, the craft he is building, the logistics, and more. About his project: www.SoloKayaktoHawaii.com. About Cyril: Founder of OnTheWater360, a French-born, American citizen and world traveler, Cyril has been an avid waterman for years. He lived in France, Spain, England, Italy, Argentina, Brazil and the US and speaks five languages fluently. Since childhood, he is an adventure seeker, and at 25 years old completed an around-the-world trip in one year for a mere $7,000. As an ultra-endurance athlete, Cyril has participated four times in the Molokai Hoe (the world championship of outrigger canoeing in Hawaii), raced the Cal100 (a 100-mile race on the Sacramento river) and the Yukon River Quest, a 444-mile canoe race in Canada. Cyril is also a Guinness World Record holder in ocean rowing, achieving the fastest crossing of the Pacific Ocean from Monterey, CA to Honolulu, HI.
- What to bring: Bring a camp chair, headlamp, warm clothes, water bottle, and re-usable utensils to minimize trash.
- 6 pm: Enjoy Pizza & Salad and socialize with fellow paddlers. No alcohol beverages please.
- 7 pm: BASKers will circle to share tales, tricks, skills, experiences, and calls to action on matters affecting the paddling community, play music, read poems, talk about an upcoming paddle or a great book.
- 9 pm: Event ends
Next Planning Meeting: Tuesday, September 10