General meeting will be at 7 pm, online.
- Welcome New Members
- Election of Club Officers for 2022-23
- Approval of Annual Budget
- Upcoming Paddles and Events (Jim Ferris and others)
- Gonzo Recap (Krista Fechner)
- Annual Mendo Camping Trip (Ken Mannshardt)
- Skills Clinic Logo Content (Darryl Thomas and Amelia Timbers)
- April 30 Party Update (Penny Wells)
- Paddling to the Farallones (Exequiel Lira)
- Keynote Speakers: Tom Colton and Ellen Simms on "Learning French by Kayak"
Tom Colton and Ellen Simms paddled for 6 months in 2014 with a French kayak club, despite having no clue what anyone was saying. They were led and misled through weekly lessons, a maritime festival, ninja camping on the Costa Brava of Spain, and the canals of Venice. They drew the line at boat jousting.
Tom and Ellen have paddled with BASK since 2010, grateful that the club speaks their language. Recently, they've been pressed into servitude on the sailing yacht and kayak mothership Mistral.
They may also talk about river kayaking through the Tarn Gorge.
How to Attend:
**** ZOOM INFO WILL BE POSTED on the BASK calendar****
Zoom info will NOT be on Buzz.
Zoom info will NOT be on the BASK website except in the calendar.
If you are not a BASK member and lack access to the calendar, contact email@example.com for the link.
Please do not share Zoom information on social media.
You must confirm that you have access to the BASK calendar prior to the meeting. Please do not wait until the last minute to do this. We may not have the resources to assist you at the last minute.
Please make your Zoom “Display Name” your real name, as it is listed in the BASK directory. Here is information on how to do that:
If your Zoom display name is, “I am a ZoomBoomber” and we can not easily verify that you are a legitimate BASK member, we may kick you out of the meeting.