Bay Area Sea Kayakers owns and operates this website (https://www.bask.org). We are committed to the privacy and security of our visitors' information. The following is a statement of our privacy practices:
- Your personal information (for example, name, email address, and mailing address) is not required for access to the public sections of this website.
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested during account registration. It is required for access to the members-only sections of this website.
- This website automatically collects the following traffic data:
- Your IP address—A numeric address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address so that we can send information back to you when requested.
- Referrers—References to any web addresses from which you linked to this website. These are automatically passed along by your web browser.
- System information—For example, your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use.
- None of the traffic data is associated with any personal information that you provide if you register as a BASK member. Traffic data may be used by website administrators to analyze usage of this website, with the goal of improving the website.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server.
- BASK only shares personal information to billing companies for completing membership dues transactions and for no other purpose. No other information is shared with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- BASK makes every effort to preserve your privacy. Personal information may be disclosed only if such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
This website relies on cookie technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile during a web browser session. This mechanism is employed solely for your convenience and for no other purpose.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that BASK is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Access to Your Personal Information
Only appointed volunteers who need the information to perform specific tasks (for example, our webmaster, database administrator, membership troll, and member outreach chair), as well as our contract web developer (Minnick Web Services) are granted access to the personally identifiable information that members choose not to list in the print or online directories.
If you have any questions about the security on this website, contact the BASK webmaster.
Correcting, Updating, and Hiding Personal Information
If your personally identifiable information (such as ZIP code, phone number, email address or mailing address) changes, you can correct or update it by editing your member profile. Refer to our FAQ for information about which pieces of your information can be hidden in the print or online directory.
Notification of Changes