Time: 7 to 9 pm
Link to connect through Zoom: See BASK Calendar or BASK Facebook Group on April 28
We have a great program for the General Meeting!
- New Member Welcome
- Paddle Reports
- Upcoming Paddles and Events
- Planning Meeting Highlights
- Access to the Estero American Update
- Skills Clinic Update
- How to Make Neoprene Gaskets for Your Drysuit
- Exercise of the Month
- Seabird Protection Network Update
- Navigation Problem of the Month
- Presentation: Sejal Choksi-Chugh, Executive Director and BayKeeper, San Francisco Bay Keepeper on "State of the Bay—2021"
San Francisco Bay is under constant stress from industrial pollution, raw sewage spills, trash, oil tankers, hazardous chemicals, and more. In honor of Earth Day, San Francisco Baykeeper executive director Sejal Choksi-Chugh will present the State of the Bay for 2021, identify the major threats to the health of the Bay and Bay Area communities, and what we can do about them. San Francisco Baykeeper is the only organization that regularly patrols the Bay for polluters, by both sea and air, and uses environmental laws and the latest science to hold them accountable. In most cases, Baykeeper's advocacy persuades polluters to clean up what isn't working, but its team of scientists and attorneys is always ready to fight for the Bay and its people in court.