Next General Meeting: Wednesday, March 27
- Location: Ground floor auditorium at the Women’s Building at 3543 18th St. #8, San Francisco.
- 6 pm: Doors open; pizza &salad provided, $8-10 donation suggested for food cost
- 7 pm: Club news and announcements
- 8 pm: Presentation
- Topic: Kayaking the outer Coast of Chichagof Island and into Glacier Bay
- Presenters: Mike Higgins & Cris Lewis
- Presentation Summary: Cris and Mike will describe their month-long kayak tour of the outer coast of Chichagof Island, and into Glacier Bay in Alaska.
Other Agenda Items
- New member introductions
- Voting on BASK officer slate for 2019–20
Transportation & Parking: You can take BART to the 16th & Mission station; it’s a short three-block walk to the Women’s Building. If you must drive all the way, we have a special arrangement that allows us to park in the Mission High School lot on the west side of Delores Street between 17th and 18th Streets. The parking driveway is closer to 17th Street and takes you up a ramp to an elevated parking slab behind a chain link fence, as shown in this Google Street View. From there, it’s a two-block walk. Put something that says “BASK” on your your dashboard. The lot will be locked at 10 pm, so make sure you’re out well before then. Other parking in the Mission is limited. If you need to drive, carpooling and parking west of Mission St. are recommended. There are two parking garages in the area. For trip planning information, see the Women’s Building contact page.
Note: This presentation will NOT be broadcast as a “virtual meeting” or recorded for the BASK YouTube channel.